Friday 27 August 2010

Diary of a glass-half-empty person 8


I well remember the time when I studied the Dead Sea Scrolls. Every time I unrolled one it rolled up again from the other end. I had hours of fun!

But I digress.

English (remarked a correspondent) can be a cumbersome language.

Au contraire, as we say in Scotland; personally I find it to be an excellent medium of communication. I always know what I'm talking about (it's usually the other person who has the problem). Scots, of course, is a different matter.

It was the same correspondent who expanded on the question of whether the teepee was painted. Below are her follow-up questions and my answers:

What colour is the teepee?

That depends on the light striking it. In the night it is decidedly black. As any reputable physicist would tell you.

Does the teepee have purposely placed paint on it?

Yes. This is a problem around here. I blame those neds from Dundee who come up here to party and dance around the nearby stone circle. You should see the things they paint! I've complained to the council and to the police but nobody seems to want to do anything about it. I shall speak to Consuela (my Tejana maid) and see if she can find my old fowling piece in one of the boxes. That'll put the fear of God up 'em!

That’s it for today.

What’s that? The Wes Studi thing? Yes, I’ll tell you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment